Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween!

Er, does that mean it's October 31?

As in, NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow?

As in, writing a novel?

The one I haven't finished my outline for yet?

The one still lacking characters and plot?

When I can't even get a coherent sentence out?

Um.

*checks files*

Ok, I do have some notes. And some supposed chapters. It should take me to 15000 words anyway. I hope. Not that I've worked on it at all today. I was, um, reading... stuff... unrelated... stuff... and carving a pumpkin.

My younger daughter, who has way more energy than me, did those two. And made her own costume.

This is mine. It's supposed to be a Cyberman head (from Doctor Who). Yeah, maybe if you squint and use your imagination. As for a costume... hell no, of course I didn't make myself a costume. My poor kids had to learn to sew all on their own.

So...NaNo, then. Am I going to start typing at the stroke of midnight?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

No, I'm going to go to bed all grumpy because I missed out on the persimmon festival (it was too far away) and hope for an inspiring dream in which I am watching the movie adaptation of my as-yet-non-existent-NaNo novel.

Right then, November, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment