Saturday, November 23, 2013

Desperation sets in...

At 20K. Reaching into the big bag o' cliches, this is when I haul out the supernatural sexual assaults... and fail at Seduction By Darkity Dark Dark Seducers. D'oh! I chicken out at the last minute using the...

"It was all a setup! A trap! The Hex knew all along..."

Only to be countered by the...

"There's more than one way to skin a cat!"

by Ms. Supernatural Evil Indian Bisexual (Uniting racists, homophobes, and misogynists everywhere) Person. Which leaves Jules (idiot main character) a shivering wreck. I think she'll spend the night in a box fort, hearkening back to the comforts of childhood. (Too bad these are EEEEEVVVVVIL boxes, but hey, that's the way it goes).

I'm never going to write one of those hot bestselling supernatural romance novels, am I? *headdesks*.

This is also where I realize that my main character has no friends or hobbies. I'm not too sure about her motivation, either. Gah! At a point in the story where it would be natural for her to reach out to her friends... she doesn't have any!? Oops. Gotta explain that. Or distract herself with her hobbies? Err. No hobbies, either? All I know is she's not that much of an outdoor person, and that only because her mother was bugging her about exercise. And she's about to meet the Demonic Temptation... and I have no idea what to tempt her with because I just randomly threw a character onto the page to start NaNo and didn't figure out any of the details?

Damn it. This is why I need to think things through. (Here I am, thinking things through. It's easier if I pretend someone is out there smiling and nodding, humoring me.) So, what to wish for... "Go away and leave me alone!" And then she is? So I guess then she'd change her mind and wish for some friends instead. Hmmm.

And how is that wish going to lead to her being patient zero in a zombie apocalypse? "Hello, won't you be my friend?" *CHOMP* "Grrr, arrgh..."

Yeah. Whatever. Get writing. No bets on how many words I get done before the Doctor Who anniversary special airs.

No comments:

Post a Comment