Sunday, November 3, 2013

"My 300th word was 'hotel'..."

It's day 3. My nine-year old daughter just ran into the room and announced her 300th word. Well, at least someone's enthusiastic about this endeavor! Bounce, bounce, bounce... Now she wants to start her own blog.

Whereas I just about scraped my way to 3100 words now and wonder why I'm doing this. Urk. Because I feel like it? Because it's a way to get some story ideas out of my head and onto paper (or into a computer)? I do want to know what happens in this story. But why do I have to write it!? AARRRGH!

Actually, not much is happening. I have no plot. That's why after 3000 words, the main character has just parked her car outside her new house. Whoop de do! I think I know what to write next. I just have to do it.

Yeah, that's the problem with me writing. "I just have to do it" translates into hours of procrastination. The "fall-asleep-and-dream-your-novel-into-existence" thing unfortunately doesn't work. I know because I've tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment