Tuesday, October 29, 2013

This Friday? It starts in 3 days!?

Noooooo..... and I still have no plan. All the pages in my notebook are filled with irrelevant scribbles. With an occasional My Little Pony sketch from my younger daughter.

Ok, I do have a plan. My plan is to lock myself in the public library every day until I hit my word count goal. Words are just words, right? There's lots of them in the dictionary. All I have to do is to pick some and put them in sentences.

AAAAGGGGH!!!

No, don't worry. It's time to meet your new landlady.

"Don't worry. Everything will be fine."

Landlady? Land lady? The term strikes you oddly now that you think about it. Her name is Liz Wagen, and she seems to own half the real estate around here. She runs one of those quaint combination "country store"/antique shops you drove past on your way here. Do those really make that much money? You look at her as you sign your deposit check and the first month's rent. Then you glance away quickly.

Her eyes are fixed on you with something like pity and contempt.

"Ok, then," you mutter as you shove the checks to her, jerking your hand back lest you accidentally brush against her.

She smiles. "Welcome to Sabokan County."

Are you reassured yet? There must be a plot somewhere, even if we don't know what it is, yet.

Three days.

Then it's only 50,000 words to go.

We can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment