Sunday, November 4, 2012

5000 words, Lalalalalalalala Lalalala Lalalalala

"Geduld, nur keine Bange
In zehn Tagen seid... ihr... tot...!"

Wait, what what what? Um. Maybe I was better off listening to the Schumann symphonies.

It's all death, alcohol, shoes, robbers, alcohol, and death with these songs, isn't it? Never mind. After three or four repetitions of this "Fau" album (by Die Streuner / "The Strays"), I dragged myself to 5000 words. (And to think I only bought it for the "Charley is my darling" song, as my son was playing it on the violin at the time. Three cheers for random Youtube searches.)

Meanwhile, in my NaNo story, we're at the palace of the Queen Mother of the West. The Man and the Woman have seen each other for the first time. For about ten seconds. And she died shortly after that (but he was already on his way elsewhere). Then he was reunited with either an imposter or a possessed corpse. This "romance" isn't looking too healthy at the moment. We also met the Friendly Rabbit (the one named after a cabbage), but he is on the chopping block. He dies tomorrow! That gives me something to look forward to, eh?

At least I hit my quota today earlier than yesterday. There's hope yet! I still need to figure out what happens when everyone gets dumped into the mortal world. I think we're going to end up in Yunnan in the early Ming Dynasty. Lots of turmoil and thus chances for wacky supernatural meddling by desperate people. (I'll have to do some research... but will probably end up making most of it up off the top of my head, gah.)

No comments:

Post a Comment