Monday, October 31, 2011

One day more...

Another day, another destiny, this neverending road to...

Gah! Shut up, stupid mind(ear)worm! See? See? This is why I don't listen to music with words when I'm trying to write. Next thing you know, I'll have a bunch of oppressed people rise up against tyranny in revolution, and it will all end in buckets of blood and tears and...

Oh. Too late. I am having all that in my novel, according to my outline. Whether I can pull it off is another matter. I've been skimming over last year's NaNo, and it's a truly wince-inducing experience. I just want to take an axe to it. Still, being ever the optimist, I tell myself that's ok, that the important thing is to get this story told. After that I can go back and edit out all the incongruous bits that fell in from the OTHER story, you know, the BAD one. Ha ha ha.

Anyway, technically, it's LESS than a day till NaNo starts. But since I don't usually stay up past 11 pm, I'm not gonna get started until tomorrow morning. After I get the first batch of kids off to school...

So yeah.

One day to a new beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment