Saturday, October 8, 2011

I'm gonna cheat at NaNo this year...

It's October, which means it's time to think about NaNoWriMo, which means I'm thinking that I really just want to finish the novel I started last year. So I will. I already know I can write the first 50,000 words of a novel in a month, as I've done it for the past six years. It will be more useful and entertaining (for me) if I can write the second 50,000 words of a novel in a month. I do have new ideas for the story.

I will pick up with a "THEN" (past) section, but this time jumping hundreds of years (or possibly over 2-3000) into the past of Shambhala. As usual for these fantasy novels, I don't think things change as much as they do in real life (blame the conservatism of magic.) I will do it from the point of view of the character now known as "Lady Bloodless" and see how the old love triangle thing played out in their past lives (which she is the only one to remember now) between her, Nyima, and the Bear.

So that means, before I start, I have to invent a whole new set of cheesy fantasy names. Grrr. Ok, Lady Bloodless was a slave-assassin created by the priests using the magical mutagenic properties of their imprisoned superweapon, so she was named for her year of birth: Golden Serpent 14. And the other two were pirate-rebels. He was the Navigator and she was the Warleader. They also had names, obviously. Grrr. I'll decide on them by November. Anyway, I have to explain what happened to the old Shambhalan Empire, and what happened to turn everyone else into demons.

(Ok, and let's not talk about the Santa Claus versus Drosselmeyer faceoff, which wasn't nearly as much fun to think about as I'd hoped. I hearby banish it from my mind!)

Blah blah blah. Random babble to get into the mood for novel-writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment