Sunday, April 3, 2011

Another month, another day, another chapter...

...another wretched combat scene with more disposable demons and/or demon hunters. Gah! At least I managed to dribble a few more words into my novel today. For me, at least, the secret to getting any writing done (outside of NaNo) is to sit down with my laptop somewhere by myself, with no internet access and just force myself to open the story file and start typing. It doesn't always work, but it works more often than the other methods I've tried.

The story...the story...the story... Thinking back, my current story originated in a dream I had. I then combined it with another dream, put it in a blender with the series I was currently working on ("The Salt Gang Chronicles") and came up with Shambhala and demons/demon hunters. And a romance! I like the idea of soul mates, who, when together, can do anything! Unstoppable! Mwah ha ha ha ha! In theory, anyway.

The sad thing is that even after 50000 words of NaNo, plus whatever else I've written since then, I still haven't reached the scenes from my original dream. Gah! And even if I do get to that point, it's still nowhere near the end of the story. All right, all right, no more blog nonsense. Back to novel-writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment