Saturday, February 26, 2011

I really need better notes...

Dammit, I knew this would happen. I admit it, I haven't worked on my NaNo in 3 months. *hangs head in shame*. And today, when I opened up the file for the last chapter I had been working on, I couldn't remember what was supposed to happen next.

Yes, I have an outline, but alas, my outline is full of lies. I guess I'll read everything I have up to that point (while cutting the bits that are especially cringe-worthy) and try to get back into the flow of the story. I did have a plot in mind at one point. I'm pretty sure I did...no, really... gah...

Why is Chola T'hom going to that town? Wait, he can't, because all the demon wards will go off if he tries. That's why he's coercing the herdsman. The herdsman is supposed to...find a corpse from the latest DLF attack and...do what? Chop off a piece and bring it back to Chola? Why? I forgot.

Oh yeah...something about Chola's method of divination. Eating the dead to learn about the living? 'Reading the Gnomen of the Carnate', that was it. So what did he want to find out? Oh yeah. He knew his mind had been messed with by Prince Senge. He wanted an ally to back him up before he went after Senge again (and he thinks Nyima is the Prince's prisoner?) so he wants to find out where he can meet Lady Bloodless. That was it. Remember, this is the same Lady Bloodless who lusted after Chola back when they were all demons together.

Ok, but what was the deal with Dawa's Chinese boyfriend and the masidi overdose? Something something something. Lady Bloodless kills him for his faithlessness? Huh? Hopefully it'll all come back to me soon.

2 comments:

  1. oh dear! ;) Well, good luck. I guess you may have to do a bit of a re-read. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :)

    What I find on re-reading is that 50K is really short. So much more ground to cover. *sigh* Ah well. Back to work.

    ReplyDelete