Monday, November 29, 2010

50039!

That's my official word count according to the NaNoWriMo web site. Well, it's over 50K, and that's good enough for now. It coincides with the end of the scene I was working on, so it's a convenient place to take a break.

Ha ha!

A winner is I! Let's see...that's...the sixth year now? Gah, what a thought. All right. I'm going to go eat lunch (I vowed not to eat lunch until I hit 50K today), then go on a wild shopping spree (I promised myself rewards) then waste some more time.

Yeah. I'll finish the novel in January, or at least that's my plan. Out of NaNo, I don't have the willpower to force myself to do 2000 words a day, but 1000 is easy enough. I do know more or less where the story goes (Lady Bloodless luvs Chola! She made him promise to run off with her back to hell if she helped him "rescue" Nyima! Lady Bloodless has to give up the body again when it turns out the manacles are keyed to her name, not Dawa's! Masidi powder usage causes lipodystrophy!) so I'd better get it all down before I forget and get distracted with a new story.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, just wanted to say congrats on winning NaNo! I'm looking for others who are using blogger as I have just started my own blog :) I won this year too (NaNo)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Trisha. Congrats to you, too! Wow, and you finished your novel and have like twice my word count. I'm jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete