Friday, January 29, 2010

100th post! Finished draft of script!

Woo hoo! I finished the first draft of the Doctor Who audio script I was writing ("Prisoners of the Forgotten"). Of course, this is days AFTER I got impatient and sent in my pitch to Big Finish, but oh well. Maybe later I'll clean it up and convert it into proper form in a Word document. I also have the feeling it runs too long, but unless Big Finish (against all odds) actually ask me for the script, I won't bother trying to cut it to fit. Foo. Still, I can tell myself, "Self, you did write a story during January. And you did submit it to be 'published'. Good for you, self!" Ha ha ha ha ha! (But does this mean I've written fanfiction!? Nooo! At least it wasn't too fanwanky. I hope.)

So what was it, and how much did I steal? It was a 5th Doctor and Nyssa story, which was fun, actually. I stole bits and pieces from my old files of stories-I-never-got-around-to-writing. It's set in an obscure future human colony, long removed from Earth. Tidbits from the Big Bag o'Cliches: prison planet, plague, possessed crazy people, tunnel runaround, "Guest cast explains the plot to the companion before dying to demonstrate the seriousness of the threat", the self-destruct, the war, bio-warfare, cyborgs, assimilation, the Doctor talks, giant killer worms, the Doctor opens a locked door, out-of-control AIs, We Haz Darkity-Dark Past, and much much more (or not).

No comments:

Post a Comment