Sunday, November 22, 2009

What night of writing dangerously?!

I'm off to bed, so thbbbt! Well, at least I did get to 30K tonight. Caith traded in a Takesh for an Adurven, so for the next part of the story, they'll have to rescue Takesh from Wensel somehow and run away. I'm thinking fairy tale pursuit here, but bah! Maybe I'll have hovercraft chases and giant spiders a la "Planet of the Spiders" and bore everyone to death. Ahem.

However, I ripped more tracks off my old CD collection to put on my laptop, so I'm happy. Battlefield Band! The Kodo drummers (with Isao Tomita. This "Nasca Fantasy" album is actually quite funny)! Itzy playing the Tchaikovsky violin concerto! Saint-Saens Symphony #3 (the Organ Symphony, as featured in the movie "Babe")! Plus the "Danse Macabre" and "Bacchanale" (from "Samson and Delilah"). I think I need some Sibelius and Schubert next. Maybe some Bach. I like the Sonatas and Partitas for unaccompanied violin. Only J.S. Bach could successfully write a damn fugue for an unaccompanied violin! That one fugue has astonished me ever since I first heard it on the radio lo these many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment