Monday, November 30, 2009

50K!

There, it's only half past midnight and I managed to drag myself to 50060 words. The story isn't quite finished yet, and I'm not going to finish it tonight, but it's nearly there. The Big Bad is defeated. We just have to do some mopping up.

The ending was totally anticlimactic. Magical powers out of nowhere, and "bye bye, bad guy!" Bah! There must be some way to make it seem more reasonable (and not just look like I wrote myself into a corner), but I'm too tired to think of one now. I'll just sit back and enjoy the purple purple bar for awhile.

I'm done with NaNoWriMo for this year! Thanks to all you fellow WriMos out there for the moral support, and to my family for putting up with me through November!

3 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo!!!!

    Congrats, Taisch!!

    That was a huge push in the last week to get to the end. With all your distractions you still managed to do it. Your tenacity is legendary!

    Now get to that re-write... :)

    Thanks for your support this month! I'll keep following if you keep posting.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Applauds* Congrats honey, that's awesome! Purple is such a lovely color on you ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you guys. :)

    Heh heh, I do moan a bit, don't I? But I do actually enjoy writing, and I plan to continue throughout the year (just without NaNoWriMo breathing down my neck.)

    ReplyDelete