Saturday, June 6, 2009

End of story infodump...

...nooooo! I'm finally closing in on the end of my current story, but it struck me that I'm planning to write a couple of massive infodumps with characters explaining everything to each other. ARRRGH! Half the characters already know (so no reason to lecture each other about it) and the other half should never find out (so it feels unnatural to have someone else tell them everything. Even if someone DID summon a demon for the express purpose of "give me some answers!")

What the hell was I thinking?

Obviously, Things Should Remain Unexplained in this story. Either I forgot to write the story that goes before this one, or else I have to write it all in the next story. It just doesn't go here. Perhaps I was just a coward in not facing up to writing the other story in the first place. At the time, I thought it'd be more interesting to write the one I'm writing now. Oh well, the story you didn't write is always more exciting, isn't it?

What to do, what to do?

I'm about 9000 words into the current story now. I'll have to just finish it (without all the infodumps) and write the linking story next.

No comments:

Post a Comment