Friday, November 14, 2008

Halfway!

Well, 26K as of this morning. Halfway through the story? I'm not sure. There's still a confusing mess I have to sort through. (And curse that part of my mind which decided that if I was talking about the apocalypse, the Norse version would have to get a part in my story! It's all Kevin Crossley-Holland's fault for his awesome retelling of The Norse Myths.)

For some reason, when I write in the morning, it seems like I get hardly any words done. Maybe I write faster when I'm tired. At night, I look at the clock and realize it's already 11 pm and I still have 1000 words to write! So I do. Takes me about an hour and a bit. Still not very fast, but it's better than I did the rest of the day.

Today's cliche from the big bag o' cliches: the magical train/subway system. Three cheers for Michael Coney's The Celestial Steam Locomotive and the animated version of Tsui Hark's A Chinese Ghost Story. (And tons of others, but those two were the most colorful out of the ones I remember). Mine goes through New Fairyland (until it gets a better name).

No comments:

Post a Comment