Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ghosts of NaNos past

Heh. Just as I started gathering up story ideas for this year (2008)'s NaNo, memories of last year's came flooding back into my head. I muddled through and was never satisfied with the motivations, powers, and ending, but now...but now...it sudddenly all became clear! Yes! So THAT's why they did what they did...

The kraken's power was to wash away time. All that water...it's time draining away. Undoing the present, undoing the past. What's left is the kraken's own creation, which is the eternal ocean. The changelings and their fey supporters wanted to undo the past so that the Queen never knew their names. That was the only way to be sure. Simply killing her now wouldn't stop her from once having held their names. This way, the Republic would have always existed. No other past. They think they can be a solitary fey republic, Atlantis or something...didn't you know Atlantis was a fey republic, huh? Huh? Well, now we can watch it sink beneath the waves again due to our two pet prophets.

Been there, done that? I don't care. I haven't, so I will if I want to.

The point is, why didn't I write all that last year?

So now that's story #6 on my list of stories to write this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment